Monday, March 9, 2009

Super Creepy Doll Invading Private Space




Look at this thing. The creepiest doll I have ever laid eyes on. Please note that the head is two-sided so that you have an "awake" side PLUS the "sleeping" side. But I think what catapults this bad boy into the stratosphere of elite creeper status is the body. Not only is it improperly proportioned, but the whole thing is completely limp — the head is the only solid part on the thing. So you have this over three feet frame of foam with a head of plastic.

So how did it get here? Well, as some of you may know, I currently am residing at my aunt/uncle's place as I do my internship in Durham. So yesterday, an elderly neighbor named "Sybil" brings over unannounced a pot full of the dankest egg salad + this doll that she bragged about finding in her attic to give so graciously to my three-year old cousin. Why this thing was not locked away in a remote location/attached to cinder blocks and dropped into a river is still a mystery to me. Now, I admit that I can be a judgmental individual so I did my best not to think that this doll was out of the ordinary when it was brought over. Initially I was more concerned with the smell that was violating my nasal cavities (this was, no doubt done on purpose by Sybil I speculate.) Furthermore, my aunt emerged for the stairs and delivered her thank you's to Sybil who was then on her way. At this point I thought it best to just let it go and pretend that I was imagining that a) this doll was a prop in a Steven King novel and b) the house smelling like a rotten corpse was nothing more than my mind playing tricks on me.

However, as soon as Sybil departed my aunt immediately accused ME of violating public air space fully thinking that the smell was not the food that was just brought over. Soon this subject was overshadowed by the doll. She also confirmed the +10 creepster meter that this guy had surpassed.

All afternoon this thing was hot conversation at home. Even that evening when we were all sitting around watching "Lost" — which, don't even get me started on home stupid this show is — my aunt thought it would be funny to prop this thing between the uncle and myself. It was there for all of two minutes when my uncle evicted it from its location. It soon left my mind as I became preoccupied trying to understand how a show with no direction has such a following until late that evening when the doll was placed, unbeknown to me, on my toilet for me to find at one in the morning. Scared the living egg salad out of me.

In retaliation I placed it in Adam's (my uncle) car for him to find at 5 am when he heads off for the gym, buckled up in his driver seat. In retrospect I think a rear passenger seat of his Passat would of been a better location as then every time he would turn around/look in his rear-view mirror, he would be subjected to this thing. The stage of the story ends on a funny note (I say thing because the pranks are in no way over with the doll) as apparently he woke up in the middle of the night to relocate it to my car but could not find the doll as I already had other plans for him.

So now I must scheme up some new locations for it to be relocated to. Any ideas on how to maximize the creepy factor of this guy?

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that doll is beyond disturbing. what did it smell like? food or what? it looks like some old lady stitched it...why would a kid want that? what did your niece think of it?

    you should put it in the cabinets so that when someone opens it, the doll is looking at that person. other possible locations are: in the fridge (maybe...that's a stretch, though), in the bottom of the laundry basket, in the dryer (so that when someone opens it, there she is)

    ok i'm running low on ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps - matt, is that your armpit hair? i hope there aren't any deodorant balls rolled up in there. put some clothes on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey it was hot on sunday night haha. and it just smells...old...eehhhhh (shudder)

    ReplyDelete
  5. - put it in the shower...maybe hanging from the showerhead.

    - in their bag/backpack so when they open it up at work it'll be staring up at them.

    - in the fridge

    - under the covers so they'll find it when they get in bed

    - put in a compromising position with another doll

    - rig it up so it looks like it's outside looking in one of the windows

    ReplyDelete